Monday, September 13, 2010

30DBJ: Day 13


A Fictional Book

I already wrote about one of my favorite fictional books for day 4 of this project, but lucky for you I've read more than one fictional book in my lifetime!


Earlier this summer I read Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin. 

(Small aside: Part of the reason I like her is because we have the same first name. Do you find that you gravitate toward people who have the same name as you? I totally do. Same goes for people with curly hair.
 
Anyway,  I enjoyed this book because it challenged me to put myself in the situations presented in the book and think about what *I* would do. While the book is chick lit, it brings up some pretty heavy topics. I'm considering writing about them in a future post, but I'll be sure to put up a spoiler alert first.

Have you read this book or any others by Emily Giffin?

2 comments:

  1. I recently read Love The One You're With by Emily Giffin and it messed.with.my.HEAD.

    It made me remember certain things, dredged up some old crap I didn't want to think about, and made me angry. Then, it made me happy. It's complicated, and I don't know that it was mean to do all of that, but it certainly did.

    If I gravitated toward people named Layla I'd be very lonely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is pretty unique, but my bf's ex has the same name... I've met a few other Jenell's (only one with my spelling), but no one that I have stayed friends with.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think about that?