Wednesday, September 8, 2010

30DBJ: Day 8


Photo That Makes Me Angry/Sad


This is me and one of my closest friends, Dana. I love her and consider her my sister from another mister. I think (as does my mom) it's insane how much Dana and I look alike. She's one of the greatest girls in the world and I'm so blessed to have her in my life.

So why does this picture make me sad? This has been a really rough year for her because of a terrible break-up. We met because she was dating one of Josh's BEST friends (he was a GM in our wedding.) The four of us were so close and had so many good times. When they broke up, all of that ended very fast and very unexpectedly. This break-up has been an ongoing shit-show since January and it kills me to see her so sad. I'm incredibly angry with her ex (the one who did the breaking) for a lot of reasons. Luckily, I know Dana is an amazing woman and will find an equally amazing guy who appreciates and loves her :) 

Have you ever gone through something like this? Break-ups suck.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's break up :( I've had a very similar situation though.. my FH and I met through my bff and his bff, who were dating at the time we met. Then they broke up and things got really, really awkward... happy ending though! They got back together and I would be *shocked* if they didn't end up getting married. So I hope for all the best for Dana <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks and definitely makes things awkward. I set up one of my BFF's with a good guy friend of mine 3 years ago, they are still together but have already broken up once and have a very up and down relationship which I at times feel put in the middle of. It's hard to hear them talk about each other negatively and not say something to the other person. I've vowed not to play matchmaker anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we have 2 friends, good friends, to both Aa and I. They have 2 boys, they are not married and it's on again off again all of the time. we hate it, we 4 used to be SO close- weekly dinners and visits, and with the kids too- we met both their boys from day 1 of birth (they are now 4 & 5), so it's a HARD situation and we're afraid things will never be the same with them or us again. both sucky & sad. Although we are all still friends and talk it's just not the happy same, we wish the best for them and hope it all works out- at least for the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no... nothing worse than one set of couples in a couples friendship breaking up. I hope you guys can maintain your great friendship through this shitty situation!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think about that?