Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Blog Award!


Well, shucks. My first blog award for my new blog. Thanks KJ! "Who is KJ," you ask? Well click on that link and find out for yourself! But be warned...she's awkward.

I think it's funny that my little blog, with less than 5 posts, qualifies as one with substance, but I guess quality over quantity, right?

My task is to sum up my blogging philosophy, motivation and experience in 5 words. It's sort of hard for me to do that because my entire blogging career has been centered around weddings and I think my philosophy/motivation/experience for that is different than for this new blog. Also, shouldn't it be describe philosophy/motivation/experience in 3 words? Doesn't that make more sense, like, one word per thing? I think that makes more sense, so that's what I'm gonna do.

I'm a rebel like that.

Philosophy: Be relatable (Even if it means being an asshole.)
Motivation: Comments (You know it's true.)
Experience: Life-changing (I love this community.)

Ha, I guess it ended up being 5 words anyway!

Now to list 10 blogs with substance (in no particular order, promise!)

1. Claire from A Realistic Wedding
2. Amy from Little Miss Wedding Planner
3. Stacey from Thoughts of the All Consumed Bride (currently doing recaps!)
4. Katie from She likes ruffles, he likes truffles
5. Hannah from Gator Tales
6. Laura from Happy Hour With A Housewife
7. Laura from Lucky in Love
8. Layla from Wish Fulfillment Every Day
9. Kelly from Ordinary in Indiana (had to give it back to her because she's just so full of substance)
10. Morgan from The Handcrafted Life

Whew! This list is in no way exhaustive, by the way. Ladies, thank you for your never-ending inspiration and support. You da best!

8 comments:

  1. Well dang - 6 posts and an award already. That's awesome!! LOL Yay for a new blog. I'm hoping to move to a new "non-bridal" blog as well once this wedding insanity's over. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. You crack me up. And yes your old blog has total substance but YOU have so much awesomeness and crack-me-up-ability that this one qualifies. I know it will be awesome. It's kind of like Barack Obama getting the Nobel Peace Prize, but like, as if he really would earn it!!!!

    OK I'm getting too political. Bring it back. You are awesome. OK then end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey there! new to your blog...looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww thanks for the shout out! I appreciate that you think I have substance, even though I end up posting a vlog about deodorant. You know...so classy ;)

    Loving the new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally forgot to do this. I'm a bad, bad blogger these past two weeks. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay you think i have substance. thanks. although I'm lazy and might not re-post this, at least not today. i am still trying to get out of a yet again, blogging rut.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think about that?