Sunday, September 26, 2010

30DBJ: Day 25


My Day in Great Detail

Warning: Saturdays are usually either really busy for us or incredibly lazy. This particular Saturday happened to be the latter. Josh was off fishing with friends, so I had the whole apartment (and the whole remote!) to myself. I finished this Sunday morning because I wasn't sure how the rest of the day would unfold. 
 
9am: Wake up. Check email, Facebook, Twitter. Pet my cats
9:30am: Make a delicious breakfast for myself. Eggs, sausage, a bagel thin and coffee. Neglect dishes.
10am: Read blogs, watch TV, download some songs from iTunes, finish up my guest post for Amy.
11am: Spontaneously decide that I need to hand-wash the shirt I want to wear tonight. It's red and this will be the first time I've washed it. The sink fills with red water. "Yikes," I think to myself, "Good thing I didn't wash this with anything else."
11:30am: Back to the couch I go. See activities from 10am.
1pm: Decide I'm hungry. Eat a yogurt (Yoplait Light Thick and Creamy Cherry Cobbler. BUY THIS NOW.)
1:05pm: Decide life without Josh is incredibly boring. 
1:10pm: Turn on Bravo. Any productivity left in me has flown out the window.  
2:30pm: Shower, get ready, straighten hair. Curse self for not starting this process earlier. Dishes are still neglected.
4:15pm: Head up to SIL's house in Columbia, MD.
5pm: Go to the liquor store. Get questioned because my ID pictures me with curly hair and I have straight hair at the moment. Ha. Ha. Very funny, liquor store man.
6:30pm: Go to SIL's future SIL's house (got that?) for a "Welcome Fall" party. It's 86 degrees.
6:45pm-1am: Open bottle of wine, eat lots of food, silently gloat because my stuffed mushrooms were a HIT, drink entire said bottle of wine, eat more, play with an 80lb lab, cry because he reminds me of my dog growing up, tell the lab's owner that we have 2 15lb cats, receive judging look, try to justify that it's their BREED and Maine Coons are BIG CATS and we DO NOT over-feed them.
1am: Josh is tired so it's time to go home.

Whew!

5 comments:

  1. Hi!
    New follower!
    Saturdays are the same way with me and my hubby. Most of the time he has to work, so that leaves me with figuring out what to do ALL DAY. And the saturdays we have together, it's because we are doing something, so therefore, busy! So, I totally understand where you're coming from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAINE COONS are big cats!!!!! Of course I used to be an aristophile (I'd call myself that) who went to cat shows, SO I KNOW.

    Also, I had a 40 pd cat. Who wasn't a Maine Coon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I like the "Welcome Fall" party in 86 degree weather. Pretty sure my cats are both close to 15 pounds... and they're not Maine Coons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad, no one has like regular non-collegy holiday parties around here. If you can't dress like a hooker and drink from a keg, why would you?

    Please share recipe.
    Now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make me smile :) I love your comment about the liquor store man!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think about that?