Wednesday, September 22, 2010

30DBJ: Day 21


A Recipe

Whoopsie! Sorry I didn't post this yesterday. With all of the vlog goodness I guess I just forgot.

As much as I'd just like to refer you to the "My Eats" page for a recipe, I'm a nice person and would never make you do that much work. However, I'm also not the best step-by-step food photographer. Therefore, you get a recipe by The Pioneer Woman with a picture of the end result (taken by her) and a link to the recipe on her site. Honestly, that's all I got. Our kitchen is terrible with crappy lighting so until I get the opportunity to make a meal in a "real" kitchen, this will have to do.

Shrimp Pasta in a Foil Package 
 
Ingredients
  • ½ cups Olive Oil
  • 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
  • 3 whole 14.5 Ounce Cans Diced (or Whole) Tomatoes
  • ½ cups White Wine
  • 2 pounds Jumbo Or Large Shrimp, Peeled And Deveined
  • Salt And Pepper, to taste
  • Fresh Parsley, Minced
  • 1 pound Linguine, Uncooked
  • Red Pepper Flakes, to taste
Directions
-Cook pasta for 1/2 the recommended cooking time. Pasta should still be very firm.

-In a large skillet or pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for a minute. Dump in the tomatoes and wine. Stir the mixture together, season with salt and pepper, and allow to cook for ten minutes.

-Meanwhile, prepare a large parcel of heavy duty aluminum foil. It should be large enough to hold the entire pasta dish.

-Throw the shrimp on the top of the pasta sauce. Throw the drained pasta over the top, then pour the whole dish onto the foil. Tightly wrap the foil into a parcel.
-Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and keep warm until serving.

-Open the foil parcel right before serving. Drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil over the top. Squeeze on lemon juice, if desired.

This is one of my favorite recipes to make and eat. It's so simple and so easy. Obviously if you're not cooking for a ton of people you can alter the ingredient amounts easily. For example, I only use one can of diced tomatoes, and half a pound (half the box) of pasta. I also try to count out the number of shrimp depending on their size. Enjoy!
 

1 comment:

Whatcha think about that?