Saturday, September 4, 2010

30DBJ: Day 4


Favorite Book

I go through reading phases. I'll read a few books really fast, then not read anything for a few months. I really want to be one of those people who reads all the time. Maybe one day. 

I do, however, have a favorite author, and her name is Jen Lancaster.





Bitter Is the New Black is her first memoir and legit laugh-out-loud funny. When I read it my husband would get mad at me for laughing while he was trying to sleep. This book really resonated with me, especially because of what I was going through at the time I read it. Definitely pick it up along with the rest of her fabulous memoirs. Oh, and read her blog and follow her on Twitter. I seriously adore this woman.


I feel I should balance this post with a fiction book. I just finished The Help by Kathryn Stockett and I really can't describe how much I loved this book. Needless to say, I didn't want it to end and would recommend it to everyone.

 

2 comments:

  1. What's this? A new book for me to read perchance? That is NOT Jodi Picoult or Jen Lancaster? I am quite excited!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great book by the way and I only heard about it because of a book club (which are not dorky at all). :D Let me know what else you're reading

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think about that?