Wednesday, September 15, 2010

30DBJ: Day 15


My Dream House

This is incredibly hard. There are so many places I would love to live and all call for a different type of house. For example, I would probably KILL for a row home in the Georgetown neighborhood of DC.


However, parking is often limited and there's not much outside space to play around in. I want to give my (future, hypothetical) children a yard and row homes simply cannot offer an adequate one. 

I would also LOVE a beach house on the Outer Banks in North Carolina. My family vacations there so wouldn't it be fun to OWN a place instead of just renting?


This one will do juuuuuust fine :)

But really, I just want a nice house with a big yard. I like older homes with character. New construction really does not appeal to me because everything looks the same. Cookie cutter homes bore me to death. Give me an older house with a decent sized yard that doesn't look like every other house on the block and that's my dream home.
 

3 comments:

  1. I agree...having a new house is nice, but I don't want it to look like every other persons house in the neighborhood. I am glad our house is older and has some uniqueness to it!

    That beach house would be alright too I suppose :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely agree about new homes all looking the same! I LOVE our house and the character it has - It was built in 1925. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm yes I'll take any of these pleaseeeee.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think about that?